Sunday 9 October 2011

Glenrothes v Penicuik - the replay - 8th Oct 2011

















































Still wondering whether I am going to continue with this ... but at least I did make it to Glenrothes yesterday - just ! A traffic tailback from the Forth Road Bridge trailing back 5 miles and adding 90 minutes onto my journey meant that I nearly turned back (twice) and didn't get to Glenrothes until 3.30 with the ko scheduled for 2.30. The Penicuik team bus had the same problem and I arrived just after the visiting team. The match kicked off 75 minutes late at 3.45 and Penicuik won 3-0.


I actually left at half time (showing an early lack of committment to this project) as I wanted to get back for Scotland v Liechtenstein on the telly at 6.30 .. went back via the Kincardine Bridge to avoid the (still) 90 minute tailback. So I did not actually see the last (late) goal but the excellent Penicuik Athletic web site reports it as follows: "With Glenrothes pushing forward, they were caught short at the back by a ball from defence that picked out Roxburgh on the halfway line. He raced towards goal and slipped the ball to Draper who took one touch, looked up and as Collier rushed from goal chipped the ball over him into the net to seal the result". The first two goals were scored by Keith Barr. The first when he netted a parried save from his own penalty and the second when he tried a speculative long range shot and it somehow eluded the keeper's grasp. I missed the penalty as I was making a failed attempt to take a pic of it at the time.


Journey Miles (inc Kincardine Bridge detour) 114

Total Road to Hampden Miles 116














No comments:

Post a Comment