Monday 17 October 2011

The draw for round two and an unexpected link ...

The draw for round two was made last week and Penicuik Athletic have been drawn away to Glasgow Perthshire - tie to be played on Saturday October the 29th. So, this is make-or-break for this project as it takes place on the same day that Hearts play Killie at Tynecastle. As a season ticket holder at Tynie it will be decision time - if I I go to Glasgow I will stay with this thing until May 2013 - if I go to Tynie then the Road has turned out to be a cul-de-sac. If I go to Glasgow I will also start telling people about this blog ... which brings me on to an unexpected link.

On Saturday I went to see Hearts away at Dunfermline with my wife Anne, Mary Doll and Paul (more about these people later if this blog gets past Glasgow Perthshire) ... and also Kim Ogilvie. Kim was married to the 'Inspector' (see first post) and is the mother of Fraser Ogilvie. Now try to stay with this ... Fraser is married to Jade ... Jade's sister has just become a Mum and the father is Johnny Harvey - the Capatain and centre forward of Penicuik Athletic. Small world.

So we have a link from my Merchiston Hearts cronies and the 'Road to Hampden from Penicuik'. I think I may have to start telling people that I am writing this blog !

No comments:

Post a Comment