Friday 4 May 2012

Bonnyrigg pay the penalty as shots from the Bot set up final against Shotts

At last ! ... on my 4th visit to Auchinleck's tidy Beechwood Park I managed to get a programme (see below) and a rattling good read it is too. I can't understand why they printed so few for games in the earlier rounds. For the quarter final I got to the match 40 minutes before kick off with the intention of being early enough to make sure I got a programme and found that they had sold out.


I missed the first leg of this semi final tie in Bonnyrigg because I was at Hampden for the Hearts v Celtic Scottish Cup semi final. However, I still consider that my 'road' journey is authentic as no -one was going to be KO-d in the first leg. The first match finished 1-1 in front of an incredible 2,5413 fans. They are more use to success in Auchinleck and hence a smaller crowd turned out for the decisive leg - 1674 fans were in attendance for this one.  The match went to penalties and the Bot prevailed. Below is a pic taken a second after the decisive spot kick hit the net.

the Rose keeper is distraught !

No comments:

Post a Comment